Thursday, December 6, 2007

Oblivion, Or How We Fail To See

When I left the house at 6:30 to walk to walk the dogs this morning, the sky in the east glowed rose, the breast of a bird hovering over an awakening world.

In succession I thought:

1. This is the most beautiful sunrise in the world. evalution
2. I wish I were at the field at the end of the road, so I could see it in all its glory. looking toward the future, where things will be even better
3. By the time I reach the field, it will have faded. regret
4. I wonder if I can be there in the morning, and would it be so lovely tomorrow as it is today? planning for a better future, evaluation

Then I began walking the dogs and forgot to look again. instant amnesia

3 comments:

Keetha said...

Such is life.

Mrs. G. said...

Why this is down right philosophical...it made me think. Clearly it made you think too. Hope you enjoyed the rest of your walk.

BipolarLawyerCook said...

Very true. It's so hard to shut the brain off long enough to soak up a moment.