Saturday, March 15, 2008

The Ego Is Not Your Friend

After another long day, culminating with the news of the death of my dead mother's best friend, my daughter's 1 1/2 hour phone call about work agony, the evening check-up call to Miss Fran to discover she's loopy on codeine (save some for me!), I sat down for an hour and a half of special features on these girls:




I remember years ago when I came home one night, and my husband said, there's this British comedy and you need to see it, and he sat me down in front of the t.v., and within seconds my brain screamed: THAT'S THE VOICE IN MY HEAD!

Dead on.

They still keep me laughing.

5 comments:

Nicole said...

Absolutely fabulous sweetie darling! =) Sorry you had such a day of it. And oh my goodnes, I had no idea the voice in your head was quite that...fabulously mean and drunk. I don't know what to say that is comforting, so for now, here, I will just thank you for sharing the montage.

Camellia said...

The ego...she is always a mean drunk, and always she wants to be ab fab....the sixies, they were a misktake.

Nicole said...

I see....I think my ego has been getting out into public these last couple of nights...giving alcohol to an already mean drunk may not be the wisest choice, but oooh it can be a bit of deliciously devilish fun! =)

india flint said...

aaah the abfabs. love em.

Mary Alice said...

"she was so anal retentive she couldn't sit down..for fear of sucking up the furniture." blahhahahahahahhaaaaaa...I have to remember to use that one.