Thursday, March 13, 2008

It's Been a Helluva Month

he said three times, and when I said more than a month, he said, okay a year, it hasn't been a good year, and it's true, this year has seemed more assaulting than the Year of Funerals, when we attended one or two funerals a month from January to October, maybe we're getting old and not so resiliant, and that's why tonight I was glad to couch potato and watch Stephen Sondheim's Into the Woods.



And I would watch it again, my friend, with you.

Note to Mommas: The first half is Grimm's Fairytales for Children, and there is a reason they are called Grimm's. The second half is Grimm's Fairytales for Adults. I don't know how your nine-year-old will respond to this half, but come on over and let's watch it together.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Very lovely. The girls' high school put on a wonderful production of this last year...very talented singer/actors there.

Everything's all right now...you are not alone. =)

Mrs. G. said...

I love this musical. You can never go wrong with Bernadette Peters.