Thursday, November 8, 2007

The Right Tool For The Job

My day job is cooking and cleaning the house...but let's not go there, too many historical discussions for today. Mr. K leaves for work at 6 a.m., and is home for lunch at 12:00 noon on the dot...unless it's five minutes earlier. Lunch is our big meal of the day.

Morning is my best (maybe the only) time for thinking, thus trying to write. Or doing anything else for that matter. So mostly I try to write. Wait a minute, I've gotta check my email.

Blasted internet.

Oh. At any rate, lunch is the onliest job I feel I have to do, and on a regular schedule, at that. Actually it is the only job I do on a regular schedule. You haven't read my startling and insightful first novel yet, have you? See what I mean?

When I try to write and cook at the same time, it doesn't always work out so well for the lunch part.

Today I am cooking peas in the crockpot. Now I am home and I can cook peas on the stove top in much less time. Why am I using the crockpot?

I'VE NEVER BURNED PEAS IN THE CROCKPOT.

Now, please excuse me, those lucid morning hours are flying past.

2 comments:

Keetha said...

That made me laugh out loud!

I can relate - remember the time I told you about burning the bacon while I was working on the book?

This is good stuff.

Mrs. G. said...

The crock pot is the volvo station wagon of cookware...safe and dependable.